Welcome to the web site of the Telemeeting Intergroup of Sex Addicts Anonymous - SAA is a group of men and women who share our experience, strength and hope with each other for the purpose of finding freedom from addictive sexual behavior and helping others recover from sex addiction. Our program is based on the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous, though we are not affiliated with AA or any other organization.
Telemeetings of Sex Addicts Anonymous offer an accepting, non-threatening environment where we can share our common struggles and learn how to apply the principles of the Twelve Steps to our everyday lives. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop addictive sexual behavior. There are no fees or dues. It’s a simple program, and it is working for us.
We practice strict anonymity and confidentiality, so that our meetings are a safe place for all of us. Whom we meet or what is said in a meeting is confidential and is not normally disclosed or discussed with anyone. We don’t oppose other forms of therapy or treatment – we just offer our experience, you’re free to take it or leave it.
- Members and especially group representatives may login to view the minutes of our last Intergoup meeting and the agenda for our next Intergroup meeting - we tried to carry this message to other sex addicts!
- If you were looking for saatalk.org, we have moved our site - all the information that was at saatalk.org and more is now available here!
- SAA members can create a personal account to view more information and optionally share their contact details with other members
- Members may see our Intergroup newsletters for the latest telemeeting news
- If your meeting is not already listed your group representative can also create a group account and submit a new weekly meeting for publication via My meetings in the members area
- See helpful links for women
- Members can see details of monthly Intergroup business meetings through the Events list after they have logged in
- Intergroup servants can publish reports in advance through All events in the Publishing area
- See our website policy on privacy and cookies
Primary Intergroup contacts
|General enquiries||Our email servant will redirect your query if you are not sure which of the other contacts is appropriate|
|Intergroup chair||The Intergroup chair is responsible for the smooth running of Intergroup committee meetings and interim decisions|
|Intergroup secretary||The Intergroup secretary prepares committee agendas and minutes and maintains general records|
|Webmaster||The Website committee maintains this website|
|My Journey to Discovering Intimacy||I had no idea I was a sex addict or a "social, emotional, sexual and spiritual anorexic." But my life greatly improved once I made that amazing discovery.|
|My "S" Story||My name is Brooks and I am a Sex Addict. I've been coming to the "S" fellowship since 1995. My journey into recovery from sexual compulsion began with a psychotherapist who recommended I utilize a similar 12 Step program that helped me stay clean and sober in AA & NA.|
|Hurt my Family - Voyeurism||I allowed my addiction to porn hurt my whole family due to voyeurism. My girls won't talk to me right now... (I pray one day they will) so I'm here for anyone else in a similar boat.|
|Sexual anorexia, or compulsive sexual avoidance||My name's James, and I'm a sexual anorexic and addict. It's not so usual to hear people introduce themselves that way in SAA, so let me explain. Sexual anorexia (or compulsive sexual avoidance) is what got me into the Twelve Step fellowships that focus on sex. I had my first sexual experience with a woman when I was 25, a lot later than I would have hoped, and since that relationship broke up, there had been nothing apart from a few dates filled with terror. Some people may choose to wait to be sexual, but I didn't choose it that way, and I was utterly powerless over avoiding or sabotaging intimacy in my life, sexual or otherwise. I knew I wasn't gay, but I couldn't explain what the problem was.|